You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you, it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
We’re currently on the lookout for a Manufacturing Process Engineer who will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. The main focus will be to develop and implement world class assembly processes to build world class electric vehicles. This is a super exiting opportunity where you will have an opportunity to be involved in multi-terrain vehicles both on and off road. This will include working in all stages of the vehicle development process; from clay models to fully functional vehicles. This is a high focus and demanding position that will require an individual that can work to represent the production operator as the vehicle is designed. Must have good visual knowledge of how things go together.
In this role, you will:
- Direct interface with Product Designers and Engineers to develop future vehicle designs with Design for Manufacturing focus
- Develop Assembly / Manufacturing processes based on manufacturing best practices
- Perform all necessary PFMEA’s and required control plans based on known DFMEA and Process definitions
- Ensure assembly processes support the production operator for ergonomics, efficiency, and quality
- Develop system layouts (factory flow)
- Develop all work instructions based on standard time data that supports production cycle times
- Develop all tooling and equipment list and technical specifications for all operator hand tools, power tools, fixtures, and assembly aids
- Design of Manufacturing Equipment and Fixtures working closely with external equipment suppliers on equipment design
- Focus on lean systems and methods for manufacturing – value added operations, minimize waste, short production systems, small lot material strategies, focus on the operator & safety
- Develop common manufacturing requirements documents and help create standard tool libraries
- Develop timing schedules to support on time production launch
- Lead launch activities for area of responsibility from program kick-off through ramp acceleration
- Support/Create Simulation Builds and 3D simulations
- Ensure all timing milestones are met and are being tracked in relation to the program master schedule
- Develop proper error proofing (poka yoke) systems with focus on design before process solutions
- Experience in manufacturing all-terrain vehicles and or personal watercrafts is a plus
- Flexible to support travel for product development reviews (minimum 20%)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering – Mechanical or Electrical
- Minimum (5) five years’ experience
- Must be self-motivated, with a desire to continuously improve, learn and provide creative solutions
- Experience using CAD. Proficiency in CATIA V5/V6 is a plus
- Working knowledge of automotive assembly process and constraints
- Demonstrate an ability to manage complex projects with tight timing constraints, providing examples of such scenarios throughout one’s career
- Effective problem solver with knowledge and experience utilizing structured problem-solving methodology and experience introducing new products
- Project launch experience from initial concept to final production
- Exceptional organizational ability with good follow up skills and attention to details is a must