- Performs various analysis, design, and/or assembly related to product design, manufacturing, software, or engineering projects.
- Defines, interprets and develops quality standards for receiving, in-process, and final inspection in accordance with company and contractual requirements.
- Investigates and analyzes unique or highly technical manufacturing and customer issues providing technical assistance in establishing procedures and methods.
- Reviews and evaluates complex in-process rejections and trends implementing corrective action as needed.
- Interfaces with customers, vendors, and all company departments to resolve technical and quality problems.
- Performs technical surveillance of a complex nature in the control of product, design concepts, software and specification requirements.
- Provides leadership in the areas of production, manufacturing processing, and equipment and proves improvement, quality engineering, software quality, software configuration management and procurements quality, software configuration management and procurement quality engineering.
- Identify and implement process improvements to reduce cycle times.
- Develop standard work instructions for processes.
- Investigate and introduce new manufacturing technologies.
- BS in mechanical or Manufacturing Engineer or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in machining, with or without NC programming
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in use of CAM, i.e., Mastercam for NC program generation
- Mastercam Certification a plus
- Blue print reading, particularly involving GD&T per ASME Y14.5M
- Experience working with commercial nuclear and/or military quality systems
- Proficiency in using MS Word, Excel, CAD experiences especially 3D solid models
- Must be US citizen and able to obtain DOD security clearance
5% - 15% per year dependent upon projects assigned
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.