Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive Manufacturing Process & Automation Manager to lead the Manufacturing Integration Engineering (MIE), Automation & Manufacturing planning team in the development of manufacturing processes & Manufacturing Automation for the large pipeline of new products we are bringing to market. This is an opportunity to utilize the skills and experiences you've had as a leader and collaborator. This position to lead manufacturing design and development team of Automotive Gateways/Switch products.
You will be a leader on our cross functional team and collaborate internationally with our design teams, our manufacturing facilities, and our suppliers to meet our customers' requirements. You will work closely with the manufacturing partners that build our automotive electronic products. These parts are getting faster, denser, smarter, and more complex with every evolution. In this role, you will lead the team that is responsible for setting the manufacturing strategy, designing the production processes, and managing our tooling and automation suppliers as they build and deliver our production processes. The result or your effort will be the flawless launch of a robust manufacturing process capable of meeting our customers' requirements. This role will require to architect the manufacturing process design and manage manufacturing design team, translate the customer requirement to internal team communication, understanding customer requirement, project management, customer facing, and relationship building at all levels within the customer organization.
- Supervise the development of technique cards, coordinates and monitors the work of a staff of engineers and subject matter experts.
- Responsible for preparing process specifications, project planning, technical problem solving, process engineering, defect reduction, quality engineering, including improvement activities, requirements compliance, and customer interface.
- Drive selection of the critical instrumentations, manufacturing devices & automation assembly within product architecture to meet customer requirements
- Establish and implement team strategies, programs and practices to achieve world class manufacturing process
- Ability to use and develop KPIs that track project progress, production line performance and drive improvements.
- Monitor and assess line capacity and capability. Specifically optimizing TAKT and cycle times
- Lead to maintain, or create, and supervise a group of engineers and technicians that can perform in a team environment while personal accountability and individual growth is encouraged Collaborate with BU cross functional team, global plants, and customers to design and develop manufacturing process.
- Lead multiple Demand Flow Technology teams and drive best practices in process design and implementation
- Manage and develop a diverse team of personnel with varying skill sets.
- Manage resources and implement manufacturing strategy to achieve output in an efficient, cost effective way
- Develop an existing team, recruit and grow the manufacturing team and function to meet the business needs
- Drive engagement with productions site business leaders to collaborate in manufacturing initiatives that foster goal achievement for current and future business needs
- Share and present manufacturing strategy to cross-functional teams and executive leadership
- Prove out new manufacturing technologies through proof of concept work
- BS in Industrial, Control System or Manufacturing Engineering or Engineering disciplines
- 5+ years of experience in the manufacturing process design
- 5 Year working experience in automation design and process
- 3-year experience leading manufacturing engineering team
- 2-year experience in PCBA
- Experience in understanding customer technical needs, specifications and architecture and effectively provide solutions to both the customer and present these opts to the Business Unit
- Must be able to travel up to 20%, including potential international travel.
- 2 Years of experience with Conformal Coating and AOI
- 2 years in automotive tier-1 advanced manufacturing development and design.
- Knowledge of automotive safety standards & processes (ASIL ISO26262)
- MS or PhD in Industrial, Control System or Manufacturing Engineering