The Opportunity | Director of Supply Chain Management
The Director of Supply Chain Management is responsible for managing multiple distribution functions including supply chain, logistics planning, import/export coordination and traffic. Ensures sourcing efforts meet business goals and objectives. Responsible for sourcing and supplying raw materials, utilities and outside services, as well coordinating global procurement efforts with import/export implications. Develops and maintains working relationships with global supply chain partners. Designs and implements business metrics to monitor, track and report sourcing project progress.
- Responsible for an integrated flow of materials and services from initial sourcing through production planning and scheduling, as the beginning of a supply chain management business focus.
- Works with functional leaders to perform analysis and identify areas for performance improvement.
- Manages and supports implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Manages activities related to global sourcing, supplier selection, product delivery specifications and quality.
- Develops implements and maintains policies, procedures and material control systems to reduce costs, streamline procedures and implement solutions.
- Ensures the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled and the maintenance of inventory at minimum acceptable levels.
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience managing, leading and developing people
- Negotiation of multi-million dollar long term agreements
- Worked with international facilities and vendor managed inventory programs
- Experience with importing and exporting product from the United States along with procurement related to military contracts requiring compliance with DFARS
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, relationship building and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions and influence people at varying levels of an organization
- Experience with sourcing raw materials for domestic and international facilities from:
bar/plate metals, castings, forgings, machined parts, motors, electronics, bearings, standard hardware, and special processes
- Experience with planning in a machine shop, special process and assembly environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel, as required