Outstanding Manufacturing Operations Manager role with renowned company in Roanoke, VA.
- Bachelor?s degree is required, preferably in Engineering;
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in manufacturing/production management is required;
- Strong understating and application of plant Employee Health & Safety (EHS) requirements;
- Strong manufacturing background and experience in lean/six sigma techniques;
- Strong project management skills;
- The Manufacturing Operations Manager is responsible for leading the plant to include Shift Supervisors;
- Lead the optimization of the facility through collaboration with Engineering, Sourcing, Supply Chain, and New Product Development;
- Continue to establish a culture of world class environmental compliance, health and safety through the use of a behavior based safety system;
- Manage the plant manufacturing operations to ensure excellent quality and delivery performance;
- Manage the plant financial performance, including the review and approval of monthly financial forecasts, quality forecasts and staffing levels;
- Develop and analyze value stream maps in the plant, identify opportunities and eliminate non-value adds to reduce year over year costs, increase flow and reduce lead-time;
- Develop the culture (people, skills, processes and systems) to create a sustainable competitive advantage.