Ecosense is a rapidly growing LED technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire, and defy expectations through the lens of technology and the power of light. From Bloomingdales and BMW, to Harry Winston and Mall of Emirates, we light the most beautiful spaces in the world. We hire curious, collaborative, and autonomous visionaries who have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven't been explored.
Ecosense has recently acquired Orange County, CA based Lumium Lighting. Inspired by creativity, motivated through innovation, and dedicated to producing visually stunning and high performing light fixtures, Lumium is as passionate about the belief that light should be efficient works of architectural art as Ecosense.
The primary role of the Manufacturing Operations Manager is to ensure that quality products are produced and delivered on-time for all customer orders from our recently acquired manufacturing facility in Anaheim.
- Oversee facilities maintenance, safety, staffing, and training.
- Manage all site employees, organize schedules, lead the organization to meet performance goals in addition to required administrative duties.
- Organize and ensure on time execution to production schedules. Interface with Engineering, Planning, Purchasing, and Project Management to ensure proper scheduling of plant resources to meet customer requirements.
- Leadership in determining root causes to quality and performance issues to drive improvements in quality and efficiency.
- Develop, implement and drive continuous improvement strategies in technology, Quality, equipment and environment.
- Actively identify opportunities to lower operational costs and improve quality. Recommend and justify purchase of new technology or equipment necessary to improve overall plant productivity and Quality.
- Ensure the ERP system is leveraged to drive business and is utilized properly by all participating employees.
- Ensure inventory processes are developed and maintained at all levels and across all stages to drive a high level of accuracy.
- Leadership of local site staff to resolve production issues, quality issues, delivery issues, materials shortage issues, and interpersonal conflict resolution.
- Provide leadership to implement the company safety program and achieve safety goals.
Poses strong organizational and time management talents.
Must have a proven work experience in meeting production goals, high quality control standards, and meeting performance metrics such as; on-time delivery, commitment accuracy, Quality, and inventory target levels. Demonstrated ability to creatively solve difficult problems.
Must have experience in managing manufacturing environments of high mix low to medium volume assembly of electronic and mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve difficult problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business
- 5+ years of experience managing electronics systems manufacturing processes.
- 5+ years of experience managing production and/or project management experience.
- Ability to effectively manage time and program costs through activity duration, sequencing, schedule development and control, resource planning, cost estimating, and budget control.
- Broad understanding of key manufacturing areas including; planning, purchasing, kitting, assembly, shipping/logistics, manufacturing engineering, quality, and inventory management.
- Ability to work with minimal daily supervision, backed by strong and sound decision-making ability.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to track and resolve issues across multiple organizations simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, presentation, written, and interpersonal skills are required to influence customers (internal and external) and other managers.
- Self-starter and ability to effectively work independently.
- Demonstrated success in a team-based environment.