Manufacturing Operations Engineering Analyst
Viavi Solutions has been pioneering solutions to enhance communication technologies for almost 100 years. We help our customers around the world optimize and maintain many of the world’s largest and most complex networks. Behind all the data that moves around the globe, are Viavi employees that see the big picture and who can untangle the complexities of global networks.
Our employees are also at the forefront of optical security – we bend light to develop and deliver optical solutions that provide security to the world’s currencies and safety and performance applications for consumer electronics and spectrometry.
This is what Viavi employees are called to do on a daily basis. In order to best enable our customers’ success, we rely on people who see opportunity where others see challenges; people who enjoy collaborating with a diverse range of peers and look for workarounds when their first (or second) attempts don’t work.
Come work with us, where we’ll celebrate your unique expertise, drive and passion.
Viavi Solutions is hiring for a Manufacturing Operations Engineering Analyst in our OSP facility in Santa Rosa, CA.
- Core focus on Operations but with a broad understanding of other key functions including: manufacturing, purchasing, finance, sales, engineering, and R&D and how they all interact.
- Ability to model capacity requirement and conduct “what if” exercises that guide management decisions. Included are both near term requirements as well as higher level more strategic 5 year plans for multiple sites.
- Ability to develop and conduct time studies to assess how individual products are performing against standards both in terms of time as well as overall cost
- Develop/maintain scheduling tools for use by manufacturing that strive to maximize throughput
- Develop/implement tools for manufacturing, ancillary to Oracle, to track status of key projects, provide information in a format that aids in decision making, and communicates requirements to purchasing for raw material
- Continually looking for ways to use skill set to streamline processes and eliminate waste – both in terms of time and material.
- Develop and maintain tools for reporting metrics, in collaboration with management, that focus both on key processes as well as highlighting areas where improvement can yield significant results or provide insight that guides behavior.
- Plan and implement supply chain optimization projects
Viavi believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions should be recognized and rewarded. Along with the chance to “make things no one else can” (our employees’ words), we provide a competitive compensation and benefits programs to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
If you have what it takes to push boundaries and see opportunities, apply to join our team today.
Viavi Solutions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
- · Bachelor’s Degree in, Business, Industrial/Process Engineering or Supply Chain Management or equivalent years of experience.
- · 5 years or more of progressive experience in supply chain management in a manufacturing environment.
- · Strong communication and presentation skills to summarize and present recommendations and concepts for management approval.
- · Strong familiarity with Oracle & Cost Accounting systems
- · Strong Problem Solving and Leadership skills
- · Experience in data mining, analysis and reporting
- · Advanced MS Excel skills. Comfortable with macros and VBA
- · Proficiency with relational databases, SQL, BRIO, and Oracle ERP systems
- · Ability to build tools and train users using above skills
- · Must be able to work with minimum supervision
: US-CA-Santa Rosa
: Santa Rosa, CA USA 1402 Mariner Way Santa Rosa 95407
: Supply Chain (Generic)
: Day Job
: Individual Contributor
: Sep 7, 2017, 6:44:59 PM