If you envision yourself working in a dynamic, challenging environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice; this may be the company and career opportunity for you. If you are the type of person that enjoys jigsaw puzzles and discovery, hands-on projects and "tinkering" this may be the job for you!
You will work closely with a team of Design Engineers, Quality Engineers and Program Managers in the development of new products; starting at early concept stages and integrate into full production. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to identify manufacturing and/or process variability and work to eliminate variation. Tooling improvement projects that drive increased production efficiency and product reliability, using six-sigma methodologies.
Key Success Objectives:
To develop state of the art manufacturing processes for a Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS) product that will include the research, development and implementation of automated and semi-automated manufacturing equipment, including pick-and-place machines, micro-dispensing machinery, working with energetic materials and in-process x-ray and visual inspection equipment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of electro-mechanical based products, including the automated and semi-automated handling of micro-scale devices that can be micro-dispensed with high accuracy and precision.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes for new designs and Internal Research and Development (IRAD) programs.
- Develop assembly processes for electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies that meet cost and schedule objectives.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements.
- Ensure on-time and on-quality customer deliveries.
- Provide development and qualification of new manufacturing and test equipment and process in support on new product development, lean cell conversions and product improvement projects.
- Apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials.
- Knowledge of DFM/A principles and applications.
- Develop rapid prototyping capabilities and processes in the engineering labs.
- Collaborate with procurement team, operators and outside vendors to develop equipment or process specifications for outside testing or procurement of new tooling or manufacturing equipment.
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) in one of the following disciplines:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years directly related experience.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communications skills.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office Suite, including MS Project.
- Implementation of engineering designs from concept to final hardware
- Experience collaborating with multiple departments and levels; within and outside an organization.
- MUST be US Citizen