The Director will lead management of market segments to achieve growth and profit objectives. They will drive portfolio analysis and insight creation to support data-driven decisioning process. Responsibilities include market segment strategy, roadmap definition, market segment appetite, partnership development, and collaborating with other leaders from product development, corporate underwriting, risk management, corporate marketing, field sales, actuarial, and claims groups in order to ensure alignment.
- Own the overall strategy for assigned market segments, including opportunity identification, OKRs, branding, corporate prioritization, and business case development.
- Work closely with Product Development Team to transform the market segment product suite to industry elite.
- Develop key analytic insights, leading indicators, and profitability drivers through internal and external research.
- Monitor the mix of business for the portfolio, identifying shifts in the mix, evaluate performance and uncover areas of opportunity for growth through expanded appetite and profitability improvement.
- Manage and execute market segment appetite rollouts and iterate quickly to ensure adoption.
- Research and implement partnership opportunities through white label, pro-rata, or other agreements to support specialist growth strategy.
- Develop and execute market segment branding strategy with support of corporate marketing, field sales, and corporate underwriting.
- Conduct Commercial Lines competitive analysis. Keep current with industry/economic trends and peer competitors’ actions. Analyze the impact on the company and recommend strategy or execution changes.
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge and understanding of our products and their relationship to those of our competitors. Support Products to determine our competitive position relative to other insurance carriers by market segment research and recommend changes based on competitive data.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience
- 7 years commercial insurance experience with expertise in manufacturing risks.
- Property & Casualty industry or Product Management designations recommended
- Ability to think strategically with supporting analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to manage multiple project work teams using applied principles of project management.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to function in a fast paced, highly visible, and changing environment.
- Demonstrated successful ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure timely deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively build relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Experience influencing and collaborating at the executive level.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.