Industry: Manufacturing / Electronics•
11 - 15 years
Posted 390 days ago
US - OR - Portland
Responsible for the management, direction, and coordination of Plant manufacturing to meet production needs while assuring the necessary quality and reliability requirements, on time delivery and lowest cost. These objectives are achieved in part by delegating authority to Operations Managers, Production Superintendents, Area Managers, and Manufacturing Planning.
1. Responsible for adherence to process control procedures, operating instructions, and all quality control instructions. Prime responsibility to safely manufacture a quality product with minimal scrap or rework, while meeting customer specifications.
2. Responsible for the safe manufacture of products, safety in the areas of supervision, and maintaining a safe work environment. Emphasizes accident prevention. Ensures that legal requirements and company safety policy is enforced. May be required to handle hazardous waste.
3. Establishes and executes annual operating budget for areas under supervision. Responsible to make or beat the budget. Takes appropriate action to correct deviations from budgets or operating plans. This often entails the development of a new schedule.
4. Formulates long and short range strategies for all plant manufacturing. These include equipment planning and personnel utilization
5. Controls quality delivery, cost of production, working process levels, and monitors production through manufacturing planning.
6. Directs and is responsible for hiring, training, career progression planning, performance appraisals, salary changes, promotions, and disciplinary action of personnel for subordinates.
7. Coordinates and attends regular staff, operations, sales and strategic planning meetings.
8. Recommends and purchases new equipment for expansion, efficiency, cost reductions, quality, or improvement.
9. Maintains and enhances a team environment and a motivated and effective work force.
10. Provides effective communication to customer on product delivery.
1. Bachelors of Science degree (Masters preferred) in business and/or Engineering with 10-15years’ practical experience in various manufacturing related assignments. Incumbent is encouraged to pursue an advanced degree.
2. Must have the demonstrated ability to work long hours and make critical decisions in a high stress, demanding environment.
3. Demonstrated advanced verbal and written communication skills.
4. Demonstrated advanced leadership skills.
5. May be required to complete hazardous waste management training.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).