With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move.
Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation.
The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems.
We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
This position reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for managing the Guns Segment Barrel Manufacturing operation.
Manage department resources to effectively meet program and company requirements, including staffing, training, certification, assignments, schedules and work efficiency.
Provide ongoing feedback and performance appraisals. The Barrel Manufacturing Manager will have direct reports with definitive plans for growth.
- Work with Production Planning to develop and maintain a detailed manufacturing schedule that ensures on-time-delivery of all products to support all programs.
- Coordinate and direct manufacturing resources on a daily basis in order to meet schedule.
- Provide daily communication and priorities to support functions – Inspection, Material Control, Manufacturing Engineering, and Maintenance.
- General management of direct reports – time charging, performance reviews, conflict resolution, professional development, and interviewing/hiring.
- Create, implement, and continuously improve manufacturing processes and standards to ensure alignment to the QMS, ensure compliance, increase efficiency, and to meet customer requirements.
- Generate and review metrics, trends, analyze misses, develop action plans, preventive action plans, risks and opportunities management. Set goals and align metrics to business strategies. Collaborate with other functional organizations and business segments to assure strategic objectives are met.
- Identify new technology and equipment needed to support changing business requirements.
- Provide technical, budget, and scope information to support proposal process.
- Drive timely and clear communication and recommendations. Drive data based decision making.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience working in a manufacturing facility OR Bachelor’s degree in related field with 5 years related experience.
- Strong working knowledge of CNC programming and tooling for both Lathes and Mills.
- Familiarity and training in Lean Manufacturing concepts and tools.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and specs, including heat treat, plating, and coatings.
- Experience with very large machine tools and large, heavy products is a plus.
- Excellent communications skills – written, oral, listening.
- Proven track record of working with individuals, as well as teams, at various levels and disciplines.
- Basic project planning and management experience – continuous improvement, shop layout, installation of equipment etc…
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Must be U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
Job ID: RDD20172909-41561.