The purpose of this position is to be responsible for the daily operations associated with supporting the plant. Manage all 2nd shift production to meet hourly objectives to support team production requirements.
- Ensure all Employees are working in a safe manner while maximizing efficiency and maintaining quality standards.
- Ensure, through review of safety and incident reports, inspectionreports and visual observation, that safety requirements are being met.
- Through periodic meetings with employees, ensure safety and health matters are communicated and prompt corrective action taken when needed.
- Direct and coordinate the efforts of Supervisors, Team Leads, and employees through hourly, daily and weekly production activities on 2nd shift.
- Analyze and develop plans to improve 2nd shift production flow and processes, product quality, product flow, and plant efficiencies.
- Take a lead role, in tandem with the Plant Manager, QA Manager, CI Manager, Production Manager, and Finish Manager, to develop continuous improvement plans to reduce internal rework and scrap, and external product warranties.
- Assist all plant employees to solve production problems and needs.
- Determine the performance of production by observation and inspection at various points in the process and take necessary corrective action to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Initiate corrective action, verbally and written, on a daily basis where goals are not being met. Inform supervision of potential problem areas.
- Determine weekly staffing needs by reviewing workload requirements and initiate appropriate action.
- In conjunction with the CI Manager, Production Manager, and Supervision, develop training procedures to ensure that associates fulfill their job assignments.
- Review performance of employees against goals and suggest improvements to ensure a fully coordinated management effort.
- Communicate verbally with Supervisors all changes in company policy and activities to keep them informed.
- Participate, as a member of the management staff, in establishing policy and determining its effect on employee morale.
- Collaborate with the Plant Manager, Production Manager, and HR the promotion, employment, dismissal, or change in compensation of subordinates and hourly employees.
- Receive and process complaints of all employees by reviewing the facts as prescribed by the company policy.
- Complete assignments as assigned by the plant management team.
- Lead, coach, develop, mentor, and motivate staff and employees.
Attributes & Characteristics
- Demonstrated problem-solving, troubleshooting, decision-making and project management skills.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives, to meet goals and deadlines, and be self-directed.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor-level degree in Manufacturing, Operations Management, Business Management or related field preferred
- Minimum 5years of experience in a manufacturing environment required, experience in cabinetry production preferred
- Minimum 3years of supervisory experiencerequired
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint