The Manufacturing Manager has the responsibility for all manufacturing related activities, to include Machine Shop, Fabrication, Assembly, Facility management and Maintenance for the Madera facility. The purpose of the position is to create and maintain a work environment that ensures the effective and timely execution of the manufacturing functions in support of total customer satisfaction.
- Ensure Production is executed according to the planned schedule
- Monitor and ensures Production efficiency, utilization, and productivity meet company standards and targets
- Monitor and ensures labor and material variances are minimized.
- Monitor and manage Production staff attendance and labor
- Ensure labor is posted and tracked daily
- Supports Production staff on equipment and tooling needs
- Ensure Production staff and Industrial engineering work together on process improvements
- Ensure the Production floor is kept organized and cleaned according to the JBT standards
- Ensure support to all LEAN activities
- Work closely with site RCI leader to identify, plan and implement highly impactful improvement initiatives
- Utilize visual management to ensure every manufacturing area has measurable targets and visual performance indicators posted timely
- Utilize business systems to establish dashboards and reports that provide visibility to the right performance indicators
- Implement Lean tools to consistently improve performance throughout manufacturing
- Ensure the maintenance schedule is followed, maintained, and updated
- Work with Production Supervisor to ensure all equipment is kept in good shape
- Ensure the maintenance crew uses the system tools to request and schedule maintenance actions
- Reviews yearly maintenance budget
- Work with other functional leaders to identify and implement overall facility improvements and maintenance
- Work with finance team and GM to identify and execute capital investments as needed
- Hire, develop and retain individuals to meet the current and future business requirements.
- Work with employees to identify training opportunities and develop a training program together with them.
- Update the Position Descriptions under my control annually or as needed.
- Complete employee performance appraisals the month prior to the scheduled review date and HRIS approvals are completed on time.
- Progress on annual Objectives (APIs) for direct reports are reviewed with them on a regular basis.
- Develop a hard working, highly motivated, high performing team.
- Meet all monthly safety requirements as established by the HSE Department
- Attend all required site Safety Training sessions or complete and submit make-up materials to HSE.
- Comply with all JBT safety policies and guidelines.
- Four yeardegree in Engineering
- Mechanical Engineer
- 10 years of Management experience in Manufacturing/Planning (minimum)
- 10 years in shop floor Managing experience (minimum)
- Experience in working with ERP systems
- Experience in Industrial Engineering and Manufacturing process
- Proficient in use of MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Lean Manufacturing
- Knowledgeable in all aspects and disciplines of manufacturing (Sheet Metal, Machining, Welding, Fabrication, Assembly).
- Mechanical Engineering MBA
- JDE/Oracle ERP