- Leads the Value Stream Teams on a daily basis to achieve Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and 5S goals
- Implements and maintains manufacturing quality systems necessary to support Invacare and regulatory requirements.
- Drives productivity/quality improvements.
- Creates a positive work atmosphere for associates
- Effectively leads maintenance and toolroom teams
- Collaborates with support teams on a daily basis to run the business and meet customer needs.Manages manufacturing budget.
- Creates a culture of safety through compliance with OSHA regulations and associate engagement
- Leads, coaches, and develops supervisory staff.
- Ensure that all required training is identified for and completed by all direct reports.
- Evaluate staffing needs and costs; identifies, hires and promotes individuals with the right skills and competencies necessary to achieve superior results.
- Develop a team environment that values diversity and uses various individual's strengths to the benefit of the team.
- Exhibit positivity, flexibility, creativity, and a willingness to take on new responsibilities as requested or required.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or Operations; MBA a plus.
- Five (5) years progressively responsible experience in manufacturing management.
- Experience in a non-union environment.
- Well - developed administrative, communicative and management skills.
- Participative management style.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive while supporting organization's overall goals.
- APICS certification a plus.
- Hands-on experience implementing lean manufacturing principles.
- Conducted or participated in kaizen events.