Have you ever said to yourself, “Why didn’t I think of that?” Everyday there are new products that are being designed every day that either improve the capability of an existing product or is totally new to the market. Maybe even something that protects existing or new products. Do you enjoy working with an innovative team that creates innovative products? Products that continue to evolve and serve multiple vertical markets. Our Client Company is a technology pioneer in their sectors worldwide. They invent intelligent solutions for industry, business and trade.
Our Client Company is the leading system supplier of enclosures, power distribution, climate control and IT infrastructure. They are Europe’s number one developer of engineering software and cutting-edge manufacturing companies. Their customers include the global players in almost all sectors, from mechanical and plant engineering to automotive and IT.
We are seeking a Leader that possesses both superior knowledge of manufacturing principles, methodologies and has an innate ability to lead a team. The Manager of Manufacturing for the Urbana, Ohio facility will report to the Vice President, Manufacturing & Supply Chain and will be a member of the Executive Operations team. As a member of the Executive team they will work with senior leaders to increase sales and market share.
The Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for the manufacturing and assembly of all racks, enclosures, spare parts and climate control components. They will focus on operation efficiency to include; safety, QA, productivity, and on-time delivery.
Direct, administer and coordinate the activities of the plant in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the President. Assist in developing plant policies and goals for operations, personnel, financial performance, and growth;
- Guide and direct plant management (Fabrication, Paint, and Assembly)
- Implement lean manufacturing methodologies and support the proprietary system
- Lead and develop processes utilizing Toyota Production Systems (TPS), Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing Principles, and strong problem-solving skills
- Optimize the manufacturing footprint through a strong and balanced approach to strategic and tactical planning
- Direct plant operations to achieve budgeted profit results and otherfinancial criteria and to preserve capital funds invested in the enterprise
- Deliver annual productivity savings and assist with annual savings in product and supply chain
- Deliver world-class performance in the areas of safety, quality, delivery and cost
- Develop and maintain a sound plan of plant organization. Establish policies to ensure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession. Recommend changes in plant organization required for development and growth of the Corporation
- Develop and establish operations policies consistent with set objectives, and ensure their execution
- Appraise and evaluate the results of overall operational objectives and achievement regularly and systematically and report to the Vice President, Manufacturing & Supply Chain Management, NA;
- Collaborate with other Functional Department Managers to ensure sales growth through launch of new products;
- Ensure all plant activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws governing business and plant operations;
- Work with management at the parent company and other operating units on an ongoing basis;
- Act according to, accept and acknowledge the corporate philosophy and objectives and its related individual programs;
- As a part of the leadership team, constantly act in the best interest of the corporation and acknowledge that the Manager - Manufacturing’s attitude is regarded as an example for other employees and partners of the corporation and it is a motivational influence;
- Clearly define expectations and goals for employees; provide timely and accurate feedback by conducting bi- weekly one-on-ones with all direct reports;
- Communicate business updates and strategy to staff;
- Continuously improve your own skills and competencies;
- Drive 5S activities;
- Assume other special activities and responsibilities as directed by the Vice President, Manufacturing & Supply Chain Management, NA.
- Commercial – Knowledge of industry, markets, competition, and trends. Able to build partnerships and look for synergies to ensure achievement of strategic goals.
- Financial Acumen – Ability to understand revenue and profitability models. Knows how to leverage financial information to forecast and predict future performance. Understands and knows how to predict financial consequences of their actions.
- Strategic – Has broad knowledge and perspective. Can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately. Can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. Can bring several streams of information together to form a compelling vision.
- Vision – Has the ability to identify and analyze market opportunities and develop strategies to address these opportunities.
- Executive Maturity – Conveys an image consistent with the values of the organization. Demonstrates qualities and demeanor that command leadership respect.
- Organizational Management – Uses time effectively and efficiently. Attends to a broad range of activities. Creates focus and quickly prioritizes. Knows how to get things done quickly and can marshal appropriate resources. Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Establishes structure and workflow.
- Communication – Possesses highly developed verbal and written communication skills. Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups. Builds appropriate rapport. Provides current, direct, complete, and actionable feedback to others. Uses diplomacy, tact, and respect in dealing with others.
Work at a computer and keyboard for long periods and walk the manufacturing floor. Stand, walk, bend, twist, and reach frequently throughout the work shift. Occasional domestic and international travel to otherlocations, current and future customers or suppliers via air or ground transportation.
Work in a fast-pace environment, adapt to assignment changes easily, ability to multi-task, learn office procedures and learn and use new software. Must be detail oriented; communicate effectively via oral and written communications with all levels of employees, customers and vendors.
Wear safety-toe footwear, safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection and additional personal protective equipment where required.
Direction & Decision Making:
Complete directives either given verbally or written, make and assist in determining logical decisions.
Direct Contacts Vice President, Manufacturing & Supply Chain Management, NA, Operational Managers/Supervisors, Sales & Marketing Management, Key Management, internal and external vendors and customers.
Indirect Contacts: All other departments throughout the plant.
Knowledge & Experience:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations Management or related fields;
At least 5-7years of progressively more responsible manufacturing experience leading multiple complex manufacturing functions;
Must have a strong background in lean manufacturing implementation principles;
Must have strong problem-solving skills;
Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
Understanding of MRP/ERP systems;
SAPexperience a plus