Position Purpose Summary:
Manages all operations and related activities of a single manufacturing facility engaged in the raw manufacturing processes for customers. This position manages all manufacturing activity and related costing/raw material utilization for a Regional mill shop(s). Oversees equipment and personnel, including scheduling, and is responsible for troubleshooting and blending business and operational issues/strategies, and providing a close link to Sales Organization. P&L responsibility for manufacturing facility.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Supervises personnel and equipment usage and maintenance including production and maintenance scheduling.
- Spends some time performing similar activities to fabrication employees.
- Ensures product quality, costing of materials, and proper utilization
- Interacts closely with business units, sales, warehousing, transportation, and customers to ensure orders are fulfilled in a timely and quality manner.
- Selects and develops fabrication personnel.
- Implements operations strategies identified by the branch manager, general manager and/or Regional Vice President.
- Manages the scheduling and planning of production.
- Makes equipment recommendations to the branch manager.
- Assists with planning and directing the layout of equipment. Ensures production follows appropriate workflow and assembly methods.
- Evaluates with procurement on product purchases specifically vendor selection and quality control
- Responsible for financial performance of Manufacturing Operation
Industrial Hygiene; Human Resources; OSHA Regulations; Mechanical & Electrical Engineering; Enforce & Enhance BlueLinx Safety Program; Strong Financial Acumen including Accounting and Costing; Production Supervision; Equipment Procurement/Design/Set Up; Production Scheduling
Years of experience: 8+ years experience in related field preferred. 6+ years experience w/ MS/MA/MBA.