About the role:
Abcam is seeking a talented people manager with labexperience to lead a small team in Burlingame, CA. The primaryresponsibilities of this role are to (1) Ensure products are delivered on time and at the set quality standard, (2) Develop and motivate continuous improvement (3) Execute cross-functional projects for a rapidly growing product line.
About the department:
Our culture is one of innovation and unrelenting responsibility. There is a deep value for process-driven work and product quality, but also for thinking beyond the SOP. The products are rabbit monoclonal antibodies that have been specifically developed for use exclusively in pathology laboratories for immunohistochemicalstaining of formalin-fixed paraffin embedded tissues.
- Maintain the quality management system to the ISO 13485 standard
- Ensure products are delivered on time
- Develop and motivate continuous improvement initiatives
- Manage projects, budgets, and schedules to fulfill top-down and self-developed objectives
- Manage production schedules and inventory levels
- M.S. with five years of industry experience in science or engineering (bioengineering, chemical engineering preferred)
- Experience operating under ISO 13485 or higher
- 2 years as a hiring manager and direct people manager to engineer
- PhD in related scientific field
- University-level chemistry, biochemistry
- University-level statistics
- A passion for engineering innovation
- Ability to analyze and reconcile moderate to complex issues independently.
- Must be an individual with proven initiative and demonstrated accountability in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.