ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. This position will be in support of the Power Grids division, which is a global leader in pioneering technologies that help balance the growing need for electricity while reducing environmental impact as a partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The Power Grids division serves utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers and is focused on addressing key areas such as the integration of renewable energies, growing network complexity, grid automation and microgrids.
The ABB plant in Bland, VA has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Manager. The successful candidate shall demonstrate core competencies in planning, leadership, critical thinking and self motivation. This position will report directly to the Director of Operations. This individual will directly manage 2-4 professionals, and indirectly manage up to 200 hourly employees.
Typical duties/responsibilities for these positions may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Directing activities to meet production schedule to ensure timely deliveries through proper material and capacity planning.
• Develop and execute to a budget.
• Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment.
• Requires broad knowledge of diverse operations and ability to independently resolve complex problems.
• Establish production systems and practices to achieve the highest efficiency and lowest cost possible. Lead productivity improvements using the most efficient manufacturing methods available.
• Coordinate with ALL other departments to ensure all goals are met. Provide feedback to these departments to preclude recurrence of issues.
• Serve as LEADER of 6S, Visual Factory, and Lean Manufacturing; drive these concepts to the fullest extent.
• Hold employee safety in highest regard. Work directly with safety director to create the safest workplace possible.
• Help to develop plant culture that places highest value on customer satisfaction, workplace safety, housekeeping, environmental/OSHA compliance and teamwork.
Bachelor's Degree and Minimum 5+ years experience in manufacturing environment
Alternatively, this position may be filled at a more senior level for the successful candidate meeting these basic qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years experience in manufacturing environmen
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field.
• Commitment to excellence, Action oriented, Innovative, Leadership, Strategy and Planning, Technical orientation.
• 5 years experience in manufacturing environment with lean manufacturing concepts.