APPLY NOW ADD JOB TO SHORTLIST
The ABB plant in Bland, VA has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Manager. The successful candidate shall demonstrate core competencies in planning, leadership, critical thinking and self motivation. This position will report directly tothe Director of Operations. This individual will directly manage 1-3 professionals, and indirectly manage up to 150 hourly employees.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Directing activities to meet production schedule to ensure timely deliveries through proper material and capacity planning.
• Develop and execute to a budget.
• Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment.
• Requires broad knowledge of diverse operations and ability to independently resolve complex problems.
• Establish production systems and practices to achieve the highest efficiency and lowest cost possible.
• Lead productivity improvements using the most efficient manufacturing methods available.
• Coordinate with ALL other departments to ensure all goals are met. Provide feedback to these departments to preclude recurrence of issues.
• Serve as LEADER of 6S, Visual Factory, and Lean Manufacturing; drive these concepts to the fullest extent.
• Hold employee safety in highest regard. Work directly with safety director to create the safest workplace possible.
• Help to develop plant culture that places highest value on customer satisfaction, workplace safety, housekeeping, environmental/OSHA compliance and teamwork.
• Enforce discipline to sustain all above items.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of Eight (8) years of experience in manufacturing environment with lean manufacturing concepts
Alternatively, this position may be filled at a more senior level for the successful candidate meeting these basic qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree and 12+ years of experience in manufacturing environment with lean manufacturing concepts
• A Master’s Degree in required field = Credit given for 2 years of work experience.
• A PhD/Doctorate in required field = Credit given for 3 years of work experience.
• Candidates must have authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship*
• Knowledge and use of lean manufacturing concepts
• Self-motivated/Self-driven, enthusiastic, cooperative, and positive behavior
• Good communication skills with the ability to train individuals as well as lead.
• Legally authorized to work full time in the United States and must have a valid driver’s license.
• Available to travel both domestically and occasionally, internationally (<5%).
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.