General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Industrial Engineering Supervisor within our ASI Division.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and build effective teams and draw on the strengths of team members.
- Mentors Industrial Engineering staff in technical and professional growth.
- Normal supervisory duties, e.g. timecards, reviews, etc.
- Champion Lean Methodology assuring the LEAP program is improved, standardized, and sustained.
- Lead building re-layouts and building moves within area of responsibility.
- Manage and direct all aspects of Industrial Engineering within area of responsibility to achieve department goals within area of responsibility.
- Advises or directs the implementation of Industrial Engineering solutions for simple to complex problems.
- Champion capacity analysis within area of responsibility.
- Prepares status/progress reports to present to senior management.
- Lead cross-functional process improvement projects.
- Responsible for continuous improvement to improve safety, quality, cost, and improve productivity/schedule.
- Initiate and lead lean manufacturing process improvement projects.
- Specify and implement equipment and processes including efficient layout and optimization of material and information flows.
- Establish and maintain labor standards, lead times and capacities/capabilities for manufacturing and ancillary processes.
- Support and collaborate with shop floor technicians to solve manufacturing problems.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; nine or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, seven or more years of experience with a masters degree, or four or more years with a PhD.
- Demonstrates an extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with experience in project leadership.
- Expertise in complex assembly methods and processes (aerospace and composites a plus).
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma Manufacturing methodologies for waste reduction and their application in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience leading cross functional teams through problem solving and project execution.
- Experience with Engineering change processes, from requests through implementation.
- Experience with Drawings and engineering/manufacturing bill of materials.
- Experience in project management and knowledge of Project Management Body of Knowledge a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP desirable).
- Knowledge of materials management (warehousing, transportation, logistics) experience desirable.
- Basic CAD design experience (floor layout and small tooling preferred).