Lordstown Motors Corporation seeks to eliminate inefficiencies that exist in modern work by creating electric vehicles that radically improve the way work gets done. Cost effective for fleets, safer, and designed to be more productive than traditional commercial vehicles, Lordstown pickup trucks and fleet vehicles are built to fix challenges that limit modern work. Our mission is to create the leading electric vehicle epicenter in the region. This plant—combined with the legendary capability of the people who work there—is where we will build the work vehicles of the future. Join us to make a difference!
Culture – as a Startup, we are looking for Leaders that want to create an organization and structure where you can make an impact, have your voice heard, ambitious to step up to dynamic challenges and be accountable, for your results.
The Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Lead will develop and lead a team of technically skilled application developers and service provider(s). You will help drive implementation of value-add applications and services to our manufacturing organization.
The focus of the role is to work with IT colleagues and business leaders to define and realize technology solutions which align the manufacturing processes; and measure their execution and adoption.
This position will provide IT leadership by looking beyond the technology and consider how the usage of technology creates a value for business teams.
- Engage directly with operations, maintenance, quality, engineering, material & logistics and finance to assure the accuracy, timeliness, and adequacy of the data created from the shop floor
- Accountable to the business unit to create the design, functional requirements, and training necessary for the MES function in a defined location
- Lead the factory automation information technology process based on business requirements
- Identify and recommend MES System Administration improvements, manage internal MES development efforts in accordance with established IT procedures
- Implement and maintain MES Servers patching and antivirus schedule
- Support the Cybersecurity practices and ensures compliance with corporate standards
- Support strategic and capital projects involving MES systems
- Work closely together with local Operations, IT and corporate colleagues to optimize system architecture and applications
- Provide local technical support as needed for all MES systems and networks
- Aide the development of the MES team member roles and mentor less experienced engineers and developers
- Engage directly with operations, maintenance, quality, engineering, and finance to assure the accuracy, timeliness, and adequacy of the data created from the shop floor.
- Accountable to the business unit to create the design, functional requirements, and training necessary for the MES function in a defined location.
- Plan, design, development, install, configuration, enhancement, interface and operation of the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and drive projects to completion
- Provide and manage production support for MES functions including ERP interfaces, Electrical Test interfaces, MES master data maintenance & process modeling, MES functionality (transactions and user interfaces), and Database / reporting functions
- Creates, configures, and updates product workflows, specifications, and data collections in MES for new product introductions or major process changes
- Communicate system functionality requirements on behalf of the end-user by building consensus with engineers, and business leadership to ensure that system functionality and solutions meets business needs
- Develop interface specifications for MES to connect with ERP Microsoft Business Central
- Propose multi-phase implementation budgets, and long-term roadmaps for MES
- Lead or participate in strategic cross-functional project teams
- Lead business users through business process / scenario analysis
- Bachelor's Degree - Computer Science, Engineering; Or 12 years relevant work experience and certifications
- 10 - 12 years career experience
- 5+ years of experience in working knowledge of software frameworks and methodologies
- 3+ years of management of software application developers
- Ability to collaborate well with others Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience and/or substantial understanding of process control principles
- Industrial Control System evaluation, design, and implementation experience
- Familiar with Cybersecurity practices applied to manufacturing and controls systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to influence others with technological advances that support business objectives
- Management of MES operating system patching & antivirus (or general systems)
- Knowledge of: MES application software packages and solutions Woderware
- Knowledge of: Servers, MS SQL Server, MS Office.
- Automation implementation best practices
- Experience with integration and automation of manufacturing and test equipment a plus but not required.
- Knowledge with troubleshooting Windows operating systems desired
- Experienced with Application Support in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Be subject to potential 24/7 technical support to ensure appropriate response and resolution to manufacturing issues.