What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Manufacturing Excellence Leadership Consultant
Position level will commensurate based upon experience.
The Manufacturing Excellence (ME) Leadership Consultant will act as a continuous improvement consultant, reporting to the Director of Manufacturing Excellence within the Global Technology Organization. The ME Leadership consultant will serve as a change agent by stimulating, communicating and institutionalizing the Manufacturing Excellence process in to build capability and permanently close the company?s realizable gaps. Following completion of Manufacturing Excellence training, the ME Leadership Consultant will serve as an in-house consulting resource to manufacturing operations and other IP businesses on the Manufacturing Excellence Process and application tools/tactics.
Job responsibilities include:
- Function at the ?black-belt? level with ME/Continuous Improvement tools (training will be provided)
- Coach others in the use of the IP Manufacturing Excellence toolbox (include Kaizen, Kepner Tregoe, RCFA & other methods).
- Support the mill MMEs as they work with mill lead teams through the Strategy Deployment process.
- Drive sustainability in all improvement projects.
- Assist mill MMEs as they replicate best practices within their mill and between mills.
- Assist mill MMEs as they implement the effective use of Rapid Improvement techniques at different levels of the mill organization.
- Assist in the expansion of the IP toolbox methods across the IP enterprise.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor?s degree or equivalent in engineering or other functional area
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a manufacturing management background
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and manufacturing leadership experience
- Ability to communicate and present to operators through executive level
- Must be self-directed in job role and skill development
- Function at the black belted level with ME/Continuous Improvement tools
- Must be willing to travel extensively, both domestically and internationally, as great as 80%. Home location is negotiable.
- Must be flexible for extended travel, as well as non-routine business hours
- Experienced with continuous improvement methods such as Lean and Six Sigma
- Experience with facilitating problem solving and process improvement activities
- Background in data analysis
- Managerial Courage
- Motivating Others
- Organizational Agility
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Building Effective Teams
- Managing and Measuring
- Presentation Skills
- Conflict Management
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.