Category (For Job Seekers)
13631 - ISS Austin Texas US - Austin, TX 78754 US (Primary)
Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors. Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world.
Oversees the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods, processes and operations for new and existing products in Austin, Texas facility. Manages the activities of the team and is responsible for staffing decisions, training and development, and performance management of the staff. Ensures the effective use of materials, equipment, and personnel in producing quality products at minimum costs. Acts as liaison with engineering in releasing new products. Develops systems to maintain reports and record keeping of company products. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Nature of Duties/Responsibilities
- Leads and manages the operations functions, which may include production manufacturing engineering, manufacturing process, quality, and activities from production planning to shipment. He/she drives the production team to implement improvements on quality, efficiency, and cost reduction.
- This position oversees Engineering department.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives.
- Provides guidance to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules.
- Establishes and recommends changes to policies which effect immediate organization(s).
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Develops and administers schedules and performance requirements.
- Manage continuous improvement programs to implement Lean Manufacturing Concepts.
- Responsible for selecting and developing people, and provides leadership to engineering team.
- Works with employees to plan, assign, and monitor individual objectives of unit members, based on overall group objectives and priorities. Responsible for providing timely and useful feedback to staff members on their performance and development plans.
- Participates in the operations engineering work within the unit by overseeing and advising others, or by contributing directly to the development of complex solutions.
- Helps to define requirements, plans, schedules resources effectively, monitors achievements and costs, and removes barriers to the group’s success.
- Provides guidance and advice to group members related to their approaches and methodologies in pursuing their assigned responsibilities.
- Manages the schedule of deliverables agreed to for the engineering units overall.
- 5s, MRB and RMA Review
- Development of SOP (Standard of Procedure Operations)
- Oversee document control
Education and Experience
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering required.
- 8+ years engineering management experience required.
- Familiarity with design for manufacturability, considering a balance of cost, serviceability, manufacturability, reliability, assembly time and quality.
- Expertise in parts fabrication techniques, including; molding, precision machining casting, sheet metal fabrication, welding, cable assembly, etc.
- Excellent small cross-functional team leadership skills
- Functional management ability, including recruiting, skills and career development, goals and objectives setting and management, performance management
- Experience with budgeting managing to a budget and headcount planning
- Verbal presentation skills
- Experience ERP System, Oracle Preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity