If you're mechanically-inclined, the kind of engineer who likes to get out from behind the desk, roll up your sleeves and get the machines running, this just might be a great role for you.
Our client, a privately-held manufacturer in central Connecticut, seeks a hands-on engineering manager to lead their production engineering effort. Enjoy the flexibility of working in a small company environment, leading a skilled team to enhance the company's profitability through new product introductions, manufacturing cost reductions, and smart asset management.
· Manage engineering and production support to ensure achievement of company goals
· Design/implement systems and processes for introduction of new products
· Lead manufacturing cost reduction initiatives
· Lead cross-functional team of maintenance, engineering, and production workers
· Work cross-functionally with accounting, finance, human resources to manage engineering staff
· 10 years' experience in manufacturing engineering
· BS - Mechanical Engineering highly desired, but not required
· Hands-on, self-starting, keep-the-machines-running work ethic