5 - 7 years
Posted 210 days ago
Job Number : 84734
Division : Engineering
This position is responsible for the organization's Lead Division process, developing and improving manufacturing processes as well as establishing pricing based on detailed quotation review and approval. A passion for continuous process improvement and the ability to motivate a team to achieve results are essential for this position.
* Optimize the efficiency of the manufacturing operations in an area of lead manufacturing.
* Understand key business drivers and successfully manage and influence positive return on investments using lean manufacturing techniques.
* Meet or exceed safety, quality, cost, delivery, people/engagement and sustainability metrics for a process area.
* Walk the floor providing leadership, layered process audits and coaching.
* Ensure the process is functioning properly through layered audits and discipline to process.
* Determine manpower requirements, training of existing and new team members, review reports, schedules and designs, conduct performance reviews.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
* Provide leadership for project function, designing, testing process development and project definition.
* Cross-training staff to provide executional redundancy
* Act as the chairperson for project meetings, peer reviews and concurrent engineering events
* Provide technical and business leadership
* Foster a mindset of continuous improvement
* Develop a working knowledge of the applicable regulatory standards
* Create products based upon innovation, customer affinity and competitive advantage
* Deploy best practices relative to designs, drawings and models using Inventor
* Active participation in patent research and development
* Assist Sourcing with vendor and capability migration efforts, financial planning and strategy, inventory control characteristics
* Respond to S&OP (Sales & Operations planning)
* Assist the Quality/ Manufacturing Engineering and Production departments.
* Sales and Marketing Department, Customer Service and Warranty departments, understanding the customer, requirements analysis, pricing, planning, competitive analysis
* Direct supervision of maintenance and tooling employees.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
* Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year College or university in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
* Minimum five (5) years’ experiencein the mechanical/industrial or manufacturing industry.
* Understanding of engineering procedures.
* Experience with metal forming is a must, (stamping, forging, etc.)
* Maintain a highly professional, ethical, and responsible image when dealing with vendors.
* Ability to identify, solve problems, and multi-task under deadlines.
* Experience with Inventor a plus.
* Demonstrated strong knowledge in computer applications such as Microsoft Office.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers.
* Functional knowledge of corporate operations and similar product line is a plus.
* Ability to work on assignments that are complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
* Ability to lead or work with cross functional teams.
* Self-motivational, enthusiastic, and have a positive attitude.
* Experience in ISO certified manufacturing a must
* Ability to perform as a team player.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus