ITW Automotive Metals Fasteners serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal/stamped/cold headed fasteners totalling approximately $280M in revenues. Units include: CIP – Gallatin, TN, Shakeproof Automotive, and Shakeproof Industrial.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW NA Metal Fasteners enhance our customers’ competitive advantage by…
•Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in NA.
•Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
•Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The position will report to the quality manager and is responsible for meeting the expectations of ITW and its customers regarding Delivery and Quality of all products manufactured in their assigned Business Unit. Also, responsible for the implementation of
corporate, division and plant quality procedures in a collaborative manner into their assigned business unit or commodity lines, will also assure the Business Unit team members are trained and adhere to the quality system procedures.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to the level of the ITW leadership expectations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required and other duties
as assigned by manager:
- Ensures that all Quality related activities are carried out in a consistent and safe manner. Responsible to address any unsafe or non-environmentally friendly practices by any employee that is witnessed in any area on throughout the manufacturing floor
or in the office areas.
- Owner of all customer responses and activities for the assigned commodity; this includes but is not limited to:
- Accessing customer specific web portals for data collection or reporting as required
- Visits to customer locations and or suppliers as required
- Coordinating of Customer returns of non-conforming product
- Coordination of containment, sort, and rework activities both internal & external that minimize costs and assure effectiveness
- Assuring customer issues and communications are timely and resolved expediently with robust corrective and preventive actions
- Maintaining and publishing specified customer and plant metrics
- Effectively supports and understands the ITW Product Development System (APQP-NPD) and overall launch responsibility. Responsible to complete on time all deliverables assigned to the Quality Engineer and support program Gate reviews. QE deliverables includes
ownership for the PFMEA, Control Plan, Production Validation Plan (PVP), Process Capability Studies, Gage/Test Equipment planning, tryout, and qualification.
- Responsible for creating work instructions, responsible to control processes, PFMEA, control plans, gauge instructions, Inspection Instruction standard sheets.
- Participate on the internal audit teams ( TS16949, LPA, 5s)
- Min 5 years’ experience in relevant manufacturing processes and automotive industry preferably tier 1
- Successful experience within a Tier 1 or 2 Automotive Supplier manufacturing facility
- Advanced knowledge of Automotive OEM quality standards, systems, and processes
- Successful Product Launch / Production Start-up experience including all documentation, testing, data collection, and reporting
- Experience supporting the APQP- PPAP process to successful conclusion.
- Working knowledge of ISO/TS16949 requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering Discipline or equivalent/relevant experience
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or equivalent is preferred
- Person shall have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in heat treat operations or a combination of a minimum of 5 years of formal metallurgical education and heat treat experience when applicable.