The Manufacturing Engineering Manager is a leadership position with responsibility for direction and management of the following functions for the Construction and Safety Products Business Units in Centralia, MO: manufacturing engineering, facilities engineering, environmental engineering, lean, and continuous improvement activities. This position is responsible for over-seeing capital projects, managing the capital budgets, implementing lean projects, continuous improvement and maintaining a pipeline of continuous improvement projects for the Construction and Safety Products Business Units. The Manufacturing Engineering department is responsible for supporting daily operations, improving manufacturing processes by removing waste, process documentation and ensuring safety of all operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage daily engineering support requirements and long-term planning of plant operations.
· Coordinate activities with other management personnel. Must have broad view of the business and be willing to coordinate efforts in other areas as required.
· Ensure process optimization, quality and profitability.
· Must assist the New Products team to ensure timely and successful introduction of new products while ensuring the products are designed for manufacturing.
· Keep management apprised of progress and obstacles that constrain attainment of company objectives. More importantly, must be able to offer proposals for overcoming said obstacles.
· Must possess and exhibit good communication and leadership skills along with a good working knowledge of personnel practices including recruitment, professional development initiatives, goal setting, performance improvement planning, and administration of shop rules and regulations. Tact and diplomacy are essential.
· Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
· Determine and monitor departmental budget.
· Attend and participate in production planning meetings.
· Assists in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Total awareness of the plant policies and environment as it pertains to the safety of other employees, operation of equipment, handling of equipment/materials, and visitors required.
· Critical to driving waste out of our production system through Lean techniques and other cost reduction initiatives
Skills and Experience
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 7 or more years of experience in manufacturing of metal and assemblyenvironment. Must have practical knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP systems. Lean and 6 Sigma experience preferred.