In this role you will be responsible to provide strategic direction and leadership for the Manufacturing Engineering department. Plans, budgets and schedules capital investment projects in NEMA Motors – Motion in Athens, Georgia.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will support a continuous improvement culture that promotes safety, teamwork and open communications with all levels of the organization.
- Plan annual budgets related to capital investment projects for the Athens Plant, Direct and develop Manufacturing Engineering employees.
- Work within a team environment to promote lean manufacturing, Develop and implement capital projects to reduce waste and improve overall return on assets.
- Provide project management leadership from conception through production release.
- Provide complete solutions for manufacturing improvements, including capital justification, equipment selection, tooling & programming, documentation, and training.
- Provide technical leadership to support production requirements.
- Work closely with Production and Maintenance management to resolve issues.
- Serve as an agent of change to continuously challenge and improve existing manufacturing methods and Implement projects to reduce costs, improve quality, and reduce process time.
- Provide leadership in support of Kaizen events based on TPS, TPM, and 6 Sigma methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required and minimum 12 years applicable experience, preferably with processes related to motor manufacturing, tooling and methods.
- Demonstrated leadership skills through prior supervisory or project team lead experience.
- Extensive project management experience preferably with motor manufacturing processes and record of creative root-cause analysis for solving manufacturing problems.
- Solid computer skills (Excel, Word, Access, 3D CAD Software).
- Demonstrated mechanical design skills, machinery retrofit and the development of other motor related tooling and equipment.
- Strong understanding of quality management systems, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.