John Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
Lead and coordinate manufacturing engineering assignments to support growth initiatives. Use some independent evaluation, selection, and application of standard engineering techniques and procedures. Trouble shoot by investigating problems related to production difficulties.
- Ensure safe working environment
- Understand/address process variances
- Prioritize jobs/responsibility based on customer requirements
- Optimize manufacturing process flow focusing on:
- Respond to process issues from production floor
- Qualify new machine purchases, review all layout drawings, draft capex
- Lead/Participate in all continuous improvement measures
- Optimize machine tool capabilities
- Ensure proper usage of equipment
- Establish PM schedule
- Conduct root cause analysis
- Rationalize perishable tooling specifications/utilization
- Optimize/Standardize process procedures to be followed by production floor
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline, or experience equivalent to a four yeardegree.
- 5+ Years’ experience in the Metal Working Industry.
- 3+ Years’ experience in an EngineeringSupervisory role.
- Strong knowledge of machining, specifically milling and turning.
- Strong knowledge of NC programming methods and language (G-Code).
- Previous experiencewith CAM, CAD and ERP/MRP software
- Ability to clearly relate the manufacturing process via process documents, routers, process drawings and work instructions
- Experience analyzing operational metrics, identify and develop KPIs
- Strong experiencewithLean principles and waste elimination
- Must be able to sit for extend periods of time; a minimum of 2 hours.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the office, shop, warehouse, or manufacturing plant
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives, changing priorities and reassign priorities to complete assignments.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Complete all work in a safe manner and follow all safety requirements consistent withsupporting the Company’s goals.
- Lifting guidelines in accordance with the Manual Lifting Guidelines noted in the Safety Handbook.
- Follow all environmental requirements consistent withsupporting the company’s environmental performance goals.
- Complete, and actively participate in all other EHS training requirements
Work environment is typically considered within a Smiths location during normal or extended business hours to include offices, manufacturing plants and repair facilities. Work environment may also include customer sites including oil well sites, and meeting venues. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and approved PPE is required when on the factory floor
It is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, John Crane will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.