Manufacturing Engineering Director
15+ years experience •
The Manufacturing Engineering Director will develop and mentor a diverse team of engineers to obtain world-class results. He/She will work with operations to analyze and install processes to achieve required quality and cost objectives. . The Manufacturing Engineering Director will drive Lean initiatives in day-to-day production and office processes. This is accomplished by maintaining Tecomet’s principles of Safety, Quality, Customer Satisfaction and Innovation.
- Oversee and guide engineers and programmers to complete manufacturing process and programs for new projects.
- Provide engineering support to resolve various manufacturing problems.
- Aid in design of customer and/or Tecomet’s developed products for manufacturability and cost savings.
- Responsible to work with human resources in order to ensure fair, consistent procedures are taking place while abiding by all laws, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for interviewing, providing training, counseling, evaluations, discipline of employees.
- Identify capital projects to drive improvements or growth. Prepare documentation and analysis to obtain capital and then manage timeline to meet desireddue date.
- Plan and ensure the effective implementation wherever possible of cost savings within all engineering works.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of Lean principles and tools.
- Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by management as deemed appropriate.
- Completes performance reviews for direct reports by requireddue date.
- Review P/L (Profit and Loss) for cost saving opportunities
- Determine methods and cost of manufacturing allowing for competitive pricing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of tooling, fixturing, metrology, precision machining and general manufacturing processes.in Medical instrument design, application and regulations for Mechanical engineering principles and practices, and manufacturing processes
- Experience with CAD software/drafting, CNC programming, & GD&T
- Expert knowledge in lean manufacturing
- Customer focused environment
- Project management
- Great communication skills
- Interface professionally and courteously with customers/public/internal staff
- Project Management
- Manufacturing operations background
- Mechanical and automation design background
- Quality standards within the company
- Scheduling work to achieve goals
- Business systems and knowledge of impact to business
- Mathematical principles
- Problem Solving
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 15+ years of demonstrated experience in precision manufacturing with a focus on automation and processing complex mechanical components.
- Proven leadership, management, people and team development skills
- Strong strategic / budget development, planning, and analytical ability
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written, organization, and computer skills
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Well lighted, heated/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature.
- Ability to maneuver throughout the facility/facilities as needed.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with fingers.
- Ability to wear proper PPE
Job Code: 2042