Manufacturing Engineering Director
8 - 10 years experience •
Cobham is seeking a skilled Manufacturing Engineering Director. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Manage multiple departments and teams of manufacturing engineers to support the production and development high stakes aerospace products.
- Supports Manufacturing Production by designing, planning, organizing technical manufacturing process in the plant.
- Act as a liaison between Engineering and Operations through Production Readiness Reviews, Product Development design reviews, Integrated Product Teams and Cost Estimates.
- Use a structured, critical, analytical engineering approach to solve chronic, complex process and product problems.
- Drives cost effective manufacturing through the use of lean tools.
- Determine parts and tools needed to achieve production requirements and specifications
- Develop and/or improve current processes, process documentation, and blueprint revisions and/or corrections utilizing the defined change control / engineering change request process.
- Work with Design Engineering and outside vendors to identify, evaluate, and incorporate new processes/technology into new and existing designs.
- Identify, justify, purchase and incorporate new capital equipment
- Manages Manufacturing Bills Of Materials (MBOMs) and routings for new and existing products
- Address and resolve issues arising from risks analysis, environmental conditions, and ergonomic evaluations
- Conducts risks analysis, evaluates environmental conditions, and ergonomic evaluations for new, updated, or adjusted production processes
- Ensures all processes and actions uphold the high standards of safety, quality, and cost of the product(s)
- Ensure the manufacturability of new products and project startup and production costs
- Provide support to planning, quality, engineering, purchasing, business development, and aftermarket sales departments for production of current products and implementation of new products.
- Maximize efficiency by analyzing the layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and workforceutilization.
- Participates in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and maximize useful life of products.
- Evaluate vendor capabilities from a manufacturing engineering process perspective
- Evaluate the cost breakdown of units.
- Provides cost estimates
- BS degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, Aerospace Engineering, or Science field
- Minimum of eight (8) years Manufacturing Engineering Management experience
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in an assembly/production management position
- Experience coaching, mentoring and developing engineers regarding their manufacturing engineeringcareer development
- Experience working on several projects simultaneously and redistributing attention as necessary.
- Experience with following tools: Design for Manufacturability (DFM) practices, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Process Failure Mode Analysis (PFMEA), Process Mapping, Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) Process, Design of Experiments, ANOVA, Gage R & R.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Manufacturing Experience in a Union Environment
- Experience with KPI (Key Performance Indicator) goals
- Experience with Manufacturing Processes (Electrical, Chemical, and Mechanical Assembly, Fabrication, Welding, Paint, Solder, etc.)
- Experience with Change Control Board, Engineering Change processes
- Experience with AS9100, ISO9100, SAE, SME, ANSI, MIL-STD, Nadcap, BAC, IPC J-STD and other standards as related to International, Federal, State, Local, and Customer requirements
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Programs (ERP), Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Capacity Resource Planning (CRP) such as SAP, Oracle
- Experience with CAD software (PRO E, Creo, CATIA), CNC programming, PLC programming
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it?s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at or follow us on our LinkedIn page at
To be considered you must apply by going to