Develops, reviews and improves engineering designs for customers’ products, to facilitate their efficient manufacture at the lowest possible cost as plastic products, while satisfying all customer functional requirements and product specifications. Produces reliable estimates of costs to manufacture products and ensures that tooling provided by suppliers meets all requirements for their efficient production.
- Interact with customer engineering to understand or recommend changes to product for the purpose of better mold ability.
- Provide technical advice to customer product design/engineering personnel and apprise potential customers of Plastic Molding Manufacturing’s capabilities appropriate to their needs.
- Ensures that tools and tool designs are appropriate for the cost efficient manufacture of products in a manner that will meet all customer requirements. Reviews and approves all tool designs and specifies design changes.
- Selects appropriate plastic materials for the cost efficient manufacture of specific products while satisfying customers’ product requirements for strength, hardness, stress, appearance, flexibility, etc. Creates purchase order requests for material and components not in stock.
- Develops and designs new parts and tools, such as jigs, fixtures and special cutting or shaping tools as assigned. Documents performance and accuracy of tools.
- Maintains appropriate documentation files of all products, tooling and related information, including blueprints, drawing, and computer based records, etc.
- Maintains a knowledge of industry trends and developments regarding improved design, manufacturing processes, equipment, materials and techniques.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related discipline
- 3+ years of relevant experience in plastic injection molding
- Full understanding of the plastic injection molding and mold making industry is essential.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Well organized, with ability to multi-task and manage different projects simultaneously.