PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and provide sound engineering support with hands on expertise and practices in projects from conception through production. Interact with engineering, management, site and corporate team members and/or vendors to develop engineering specifications for new equipment or required process improvements; produce, modify, and maintain drawings; maintain project timelines; continuously evaluate projects from the tasks, resource and costs perspective, ensure delivery of the projects on time and within budget; and actively install, start-up, and validate equipment or tooling.
- Provide engineering guidance to assure plant, machinery, and processes are optimized.
- Coordinate and/or perform all necessary validations and/or process engineering evaluations as needed for manufacturing equipment.
- Manage and coordinate plant and capital projects, properly document work, and maintain history of projects in appropriate project files.
- Support process improvements, cost reductions/savings, scrap reductions, etc. through the implementation of LEAN concepts.
- Improve processes and procedures to manufacture a quality product at a minimum cost.
- Provide technical expertise to other plant personnel.
- Research and analyze data such a vendor design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Assist in installation of new products, tooling and related processes; investigate tooling and process problems; make new product/process recommendations.
- Support Engineering projects and Support Product Development as required.
- Provides engineering assistance to ensure plant, machinery, tooling and processes are at optimum.
- Assure OSHA, and Safety Regulations are followed.
- Engineering discipline (ME, EE, IE, etc.) or General Engineering degreerequired.
Experience: 6-10 years of experience in...
- Moderate knowledge of computer programs
- Clean room manufacturing experience
- Injection molding experience
- Technical writing experience
- Knowledge or training in areas of Six Sigma
- Effective organizational, trouble-shooting, problem solving & interpersonal skills & be able to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Good knowledge of & practical experience with computer programs such as AutoCAD, Solidworks, Minitab, MS Project, etc.
- Able to communicate effectively with others (both verbally & in writing)
- Effectively use MS Office programs (particularly Word, Excel, & Powerpoint);
- Good negotiating & conflict resolution skills.