"This position is contingent upon contract award"
WBB -Serco provides the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering with developmental test & evaluation and systems engineering products and services .
This manufacturing engineer position involves participating on statutory/regulatory technical assessments on a variety of Major Defense Acquisition Programs to inform critical engineering and acquisition decisions. JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS: Security Clearance:
- Assess manufacturing feasibility in support of Analysis of Alternatives (AoA)
- Assess manufacturing processes, required investments in manufacturing technology development, manufacturing resources, and manufacturing risks
- Review producibility studies that have been completed and results that will be or are being incorporated into the detail design
- Assess manufacturing planning and/or readiness during Systems Engineering Technical Reviews. Participate in system and subsystem Production Readiness Reviews to
- Assess the results of low-rate production and
- The readiness of design stability, materials, process control, facilities, and other manufacturing planning and
- The technical risk for full rate production.
- Assess manufacturing process capabilities, supplier qualifications, key design tolerances, quality targets, rates, yields, and statistical process control
- Work with Program Managers to develop and implement plans to mitigate the risks identified in these various assessments
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific, engineering or other applicable technical or analytical discipline
- Expertise in evaluating manufacturing plans and processes for complex DoD weapon systems
- Experience in actively participating in Production Readiness Review
- Fifteen (15) or more years of manufacturing experience
- Proficiency in MS Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and writing) skills
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Master's Degree in a scientific, engineering or other applicable technical or analytical discipline
- 20+ or more years of or more years of manufacturing experience
Alexandria, VA TRAVEL:
10% KEY WORDS
: WBB is a professional services and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customer's toughest problems. For more than 40 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the company's hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military, and industry. We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. WBB participates in E-Verify. WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.