Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Waterloo, IA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Plans, coordinates and performs manufacturing engineering work for a project or process of limited scope.
- May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work to support personnel, including contractors.
- Work plans and decisions are typically made within the established guidelines and reviewed by others.
- Provides support and basic trouble shooting for current operations.
- Investigates, gathers and analyze data for specifically assigned, recurring tasks.
- Establishes routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs of limited scope.
- Identifies and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas of limited scope.
- Works with electronic tools to perform engineering functions.
- Develops and implements plans of limited scope to support lean manufacturing through the Deere Production System. Designs operations layouts to improve material flow and material presentation.
- Participates in team studies related to capacity, energy, productivity and efficiency. Implements new manufacturing processes and technology.
- Modifies existing performance pay plans; assists in development of baseline data for new wage performance pay plans.
Required Skill Set:
- Manager is looking for December 2017 and May 2018 BS graduates if possible. Manager rejected a lot of candidates that I thought were over qualified for the position as are candidates with masterdegrees.
- Will need metatarsals for first day, business casual dress code. Willing to see recent grad candidates with IndustrialTechnology/Engineering degrees.