Manufacturing Engineer- Tools / Mechanical Components
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of protective packaging solutions.
They are seeking a skilled Manufacturing Engineer that has solid machine based, machine assembly and mechanical background and experience.
This Position DOES NOT PROVIDE relocation assistance!
The manufacturing engineer position develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
The position provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
· Carries out process improvements, problem resolution, project management and employee training.
- Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Directly engages with procurement to evaluate supplier cost reduction methods and opportunities.
- Supports and liaisons with procurement on vendor and / or product approval and required processes.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Assists general manager in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services, following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures. requesting special service.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
- Five years related experience and/or training required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field
· Excellent problem-solving skills; identifies appropriate parameters for issues/questions, collects applicable information, performs analysis, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions/identifies root causes of issues
- Understands and able to use and apply: 8Ds, DFM, VSM, Lean methodologies
- Writing skills; capable of developing routine reports and correspondence, as well as process control documents and other materials.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite required (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio)
- Experience in SharePoint, CAD and Process Flow Software a plus