MANUFACTURING ENGINEER -
Location: United States - South Carolina - Sumter
Industry: Medical Equipment / Devices
Job Category: Manufacturing - Automation
Responsible for the implementation of project and process support activities toward attainment of departmental and plant goals. Primary focus in areas of capacity expansion, quality/waste improvement and cost improvement programs. Required to handle multiple assignments of varying scope and complexity.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of machine improvements and capital equipment project management activities. Proficient in mechanical design and troubleshooting.
- Directs personnel in the troubleshooting and maintenance of cam driven mechanisms and pneumatic and hydraulic equipment used in the production process.
- Supports the plant manufacturing effort, with proven ability to identify problems and pursue plans toward their resolution. Specific focus will be in areas of improving upon chronic levels of quality, waste and equipment efficiencies.
- Has knowledge of proper Engineering practices and vendor relationships. Responsible for coordinating activities between equipment vendors, Division R & D and plant functional departments on his/her assignments.
- Ability to handle projects of a small to moderate scope. Will be required to handle several assignments (project & process duties) simultaneously.
- Completes or supervises the completion of necessary designs, drawings, calculations and specifications on associated equipment.
- Establishes which elements comprising a job are suitable for in-house fabrication or revision and which items would be best contracted. Secure quotations and select contractors; direct the contractors efforts or the efforts of in-house forces to a satisfactory scheduled completion of the necessary work. Supervise and inspect all work in-process by contractors or plant forces; provide guidance where necessary.
- Responsible for the recommendation of capital equipment or process modifications, their physical installation, debugging and associated training of production personnel.
- As required within the scope of his/her duty, be responsible for all associated documentation, including; however not limited to, the following; validations, Operations Procedures, Preventive Maintenance schedules, Engineering Change Notifications, spare parts listings, etc.
- Accountable for spending (capital or expense) within approved limits on programs.
- Directs the efforts of support personnel such as machinists and technicians, etc. in the modification, adjustment, removal and installation of new or existing equipment as required.
- Bachelordegree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment. Preferrably in the high-speed production of medical devices.
- Experiencein the following areas:
- synchronous and asynchronous assembly platforms
- cam-operated equipment
- servo controlled assembly and AutoCad.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing initiatives with an emphasis in continuous improvement.
- Six Sigma certification (greenbelt or blackbelt) preferred.
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
5+ to 7 years experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing
· Must have high-speed automated assembly experience.
· Must have a working knowledge of the following:
o synchronous and asynchronous assembly platforms
o cam-operated equipment
o servo controlled assembly and AutoCad.
· Experience with Solidworks or other design software highly preferred.