Job Description and Responsibilities:
Coherent Inc. is currently hiring a Staff Manufacturing Engineer to work in our Diode Pumped Solid State Business Unit located in Santa Clara, CA.
The Manufacturing Engineer will develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods and processes for the purpose of sustaining the manufacture of existing Laser products as well as the introduction of new products.
Coherent is looking for a candidate with 10+ years of hands-on sustaining engineering experience with side pumping and harmonic generating lasers.
Other responsibilities include:
• The Manufacturing Engineer will provide day-to-day technical support for the production line including cleanroom, sub-assembly, optical build, and laser final test areas
• Maintain the quality, reliability, and cycle time standards of the current laser build process
• Continuously improve current production methods using knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling, production equipment capabilities, quality control standards, and warranty metrics
• Take responsibility for electronic travelers, assembly and process methods, and bills of materials
• Work with quality, reliability, and supply chain teams to improve product performance
• Implement corrective actions for problems reported by our customers
• Participate in transferring new products from R&D into production following project management strategies (Cadence principles, and MS project)
Education and Work Experience:
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• BS in Applied Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other relevant Physical Science majors or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge.
• 10+ years of hands-on Manufacturing Engineering experience with diode-pumped solid-state lasers, diode-pumped fiber lasers and/or high-power harmonic conversion
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder (position is ITAR regulated).
• Very good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate and coordinate with team members to complete tasks in timely manner.
• Passionate about lasers and producing best performing Laser products.
• Strong working knowledge and understanding of Product Data Management (PDM) software used to manage BOMs and documented manufacturing processes through an ECO workflow. (e.g. Agile PDM)
• Self-motivated, hard-working, goal oriented, task focused, and a reliable team player.
- Job ID: 7795