Aveox is an industry leader in designing and producing low-weight/high-powered brushless DC motor and controller solutions for a variety of aviation, aerospace, medical, and industrial customers; we have continually developed and applied innovative motion control technology to meet our customers ultra-critical, environmentally-challenging, high power-density, low-EMI, superior-reliability requirements.
We are seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer responsible for the development, maintenance, and implementation of appropriate manufacturing routing/job canning procedures within the organization. Insure layout, equipment and resources (including skills training) are in order to consistently meet customer required specifications. The preferred candidate will be someone who can demonstrate sound, independent judgment and decision-making coupled with the ability to think "Big Picture" in relation to Manufacturing Engineering.
• Implements written and pictorial work instructions, flow charts and other visual aids to streamline and standardize work
procedures in a team-based environment
• Recommends procedures that will result in cost savings, quality improvement and maximization of production
• Uses Design of Experiments (DOE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC) to evaluate process repeatability and stability and to
determine problem areas and resolve same
• Determines manufacturing operation requirements and process parameters
• Develops advanced manufacturing systems and processes
• Develops product and process improvements
• Improves manufacturing methods to optimize product performance
• Create assembly and work instructions
• Resolve complex manufacturing defects and eliminate root cause
• Participates in procedure writing and review
• Provides technical support to other engineers
• Utilizes FMEA within process development
• Implements quality system improvements
• Writes engineering and manufacturing specifications
• Participate in new product development teams; review engineering releases and changes, manufacturing methods, planning
• Develop in-house manufacturing plans (layout, machines, fixtures)
• Drive improvements by reducing line defects, field returns and warranty costs corrective action programs
• Will evaluate and develop manufacturing processes and methods that will ensure all quality, contractual, cost and efficiency
requirements are met
• Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent combination of education or experience in Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic or
Manufacturing Engineering field
• Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing engineering experience preferably in an Aerospace or Manufacturing environment
• Practical knowledge of multiple processes including electromechanical, machining and electronics prototyping
• Experience managing projects through entire product life cycle
• Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
• Must be an individual who can manage multiple projects from concept through manufacturing stage with minimal supervision.
• Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills, and be detail-oriented
• Must be proficient with MS Office suite of products including MS Project
• Familiarity with MRP systems
• This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All
applicants must be U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• DC motor/controller, electro-mechanical product experience utilized in applications from development from prototype to
• Knowledge of IPC standards and ISO requirements
• Plex ERP Experience
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Aveox is an Equal Opportunity Employer.