STIHL Inc. is seeking a highly motivated, innovated, organized Manufacturing Engineer (Project Coordinator) who would be responsible for the design of innovative production lines for STIHL's US based manufacturing group which supplies 50% of the products sold globally!
- Recognized leader - Rated #1 in our industry
- Stability – Located in Virginia Beach since the early 70's, our organization has NEVER had a layoff!
- Awesome products – What is cooler than engineering and manufacturing outdoor power equipment?
To conduct advanced manufacturing engineering assignments to develop new methods, tooling and machine designs, cost estimates, and/or to resolve engineering problems involved in manufacturing of standard parts or products for assigned area of production.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To coordinate/guide engineering/technical aspects of advanced manufacturing assignments and to obtaining/organizing technical data and analyzing to resolving complex problems.
- Coordinates/leads the development, implementation and production release of new production lines/equipment as assigned.
- Responsible for strategic planning and budgeting for short, mid and longterm capital projects.
- Prepares and carries out approved recommendations to include tool redesign and alterations, change of material specifications, dimensions, methods, and routing information etc.
- Through research of advanced technology, develops proposals for automation, mechanization, methods, special tooling, machine attachments, etc., for the purpose of cost reduction.
- Prepares cost estimates involved in changing from present to new methods; estimates savings expected as the result of such change.
- Plans equipment layout and workflow, estimates routing times and manpower requirements, sets up lines, and trains supervisors and managers in correct production procedures for new or vastly revised production operations.
- Investigates various types of new machines and equipment with regard to versatility and diversification of production features required, prices, and other conditions involved.
- Prepares reports and recommendations for management relative to purchase or lease of equipment.
- Works closely with other departments, e.g. Production, Tooling, Purchasing, et al., to affect problem resolution or to respond to technical questions.
- Maintains records, files, and other documentation pertinent to special and regular assignments performed.
- Maintains currency with respect to technical and supervisory skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses, seminars, exhibits and trade shows as needed.
- Participates in the development, implementation and production release of new production lines as needed. Coordinates the resolution of product line issues with STIHL D.
- All work affecting product quality shall be competent on the basis of appropriate education, training, skills, and experience.
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as required.
- 4 year college degree in Mechanical or Industrial engineering or related discipline.
- 6 plus years of related experience.
- German fluency preferred