Position Title: ManufacturingEngineer
Position Number: 260227
Location: Norwood , MA
Desired Skill Set:
Design, Documentation, Engineer, Manufacturing
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor or consider Corp 2 Corp candidates. ” MANUFACTURING, ENGINEER, DOCUMENTATION, DESIGN,”
Job Title: Engineer
Location: Norwood, MA, USA, 02062
Duration: 12 Months
• We are looking for a highly talented and self-driven MANUFACTURING PROCESS ENGINEER to join our fast-paced multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists developing mid-to-high volume consumables for a new diagnostic product.
• The focus of this position is on R&D process development WITH EMPHASIS ON MANUFACTURING INTEGRATION. In this position, the individual will work closely with R&D scientists and engineering in developing and optimizing manufacturing processes.
• Develop, implement and maintain lean cell design and process flow
• Develop working instructions, workmanship standards and process documents, and ensure they are followed
• Develop and improve R&D processes for manufacturing for increased quality, productivity, efficiency and cost savings
• Investigate and troubleshoot quality and performance issues and recommending solutions •
• Manage documentation required for manufacturing i.e. revise drawing, BOM, accurate work instructions and workmanship standards and process procedures
• Provide process data i.e. control charts, reliability, process capability, to improve the process and monitor and measure progress to target
• Identify ways to reduce costs through recommendations – i.e. new process equipment, equipment justification to improve performance
• Work with design engineering on DFX (design for excellence) to include: design for cost, design for test, design for manufacturability, and design for assembly •
• Work with other relevant departments to determine estimated costs, run time, cost reduction and close the feedback loop
• Liaise with suppliers on manufacturing process
• Train and supervise staff on new development processes and technology
• Strong experience in developing processes, lean cell design and consumables manufacturing.
• Experience with dispensing aqueous and solvent-based materials and material science/surface modification.
• Experience in the conversion of small-scale R&D processes into commercially viable large-scale operations
• Experience in various project management tools, design tools and statistical analysis tools to ensure the delivery of robust, reliable and accurate processes to routine manufacturing. Must be able to design effective experiments (DOE) followed by thorough data analysis.
• Strong collaborative and team work attributes
• Must excel at troubleshooting, developing corrective solutions and completing projects on schedule
• Must be hands-on
• Excellent documentation skills
• B.S. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or related discipline strongly desired
• A minimum of 5-10 years of relevant industry experience
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, team work and ability to take initiative
• Appreciation of process quality and specifications as a requirement for manufacturing.
• Completes complex material specification, schematic preparation and follow-up to ensure proper and effective implementation. Performs complex design, development, testing and modifications of solutions. Performs explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of complex specifications, performance characteristics or othertechnical data. Performs communication of complex technical and commercial issues. Completes recommendations for complex new designs, new processes, or design changes to meet requirements.
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.