Who we are and what we do:
Pace Industries is North America?s leading full-service die casting manufacturer. Our mission is to provide uncommon, creative die casting and support solutions that contribute to the success of our customers. Our die cast parts are used in automobiles, motorcycles, generators, snow mobiles, lawn mowers, washing machines, power hand tools, BBQ grills, commercial lighting and many other well-known products. You can have a significant impact on our cultural transformation.
The Cambridge Division is one of Pace?s longest-running facilities. Founded in 1945, Cambridge has been providing contract manufacturing die casting worldwide for more than 65years. A 300,000-square-foot facility provides a large environment for expert manufacturing services.
Responsible for day to day machining support. Drive Standardization in the manufacturing processes and technologies using Lean Manufacturing tools that will keep the division ahead of its competition. Performs assignments that require a high degree of technical skill in areas of problem solving, statistical analysis (SPC), and project implementation. Establish economical and effective manufacturing methods to produce a wide variety of machined, assembled die castings using a ?hands on? approach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop effective and efficient processes to support new and existing products.
- Assure the effective interface between different manufacturing departments, quality and customer service
- Responsible for schedule attainment of new product launches.
- Responsible for cost reduction and for reduction of scrap controlled by the way in which the manufacturing process is applied.
- Establish process methods and standards to meet customer and company requirements.
- Ability to gather, review and disseminate statistical data.
- Requires good analytical problem-solving skills. Must use Pareto principles on a daily activity.
- Interface with customer personnel in support of new & current business.
- Teamwork is an essential element in their performance and essential to the team?s success.
- Responsible for the planning, engineering, design and execution of all secondary processes in the manufacturing departments.
- Review of equipment and cells to improve throughput, ergonomics and safety.
- Prepare and maintain all related files, records, reports, part prints and statistics in useable form for processing, estimating and other purposes.
- Will be required to participate in cost saving activities including, Lean initiatives, Kaizen Events and/or Overall Productivity Improvement Events
- Contribute to key technical decisions and technology/product planning.
- Maintain knowledge in current and/or new engineering methods and developments affecting the organization.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Three to eight years?experience in lean manufacturing, set-up reduction, cutting tools, and fixture design.
- Strong background in precision machining required. CNC programming would be considered a plus.
Please note that the duties and requirements described herein are intended to represent general contents of this job. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties and responsibilities.
Pace Industries has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity, and in that spirit, seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the hiring department by the application deadline.