In this role, you’ll work on special projects including equipment justification and shop efficiency improvements, as well as provide work analysis to maintain production standards and cost estimates. Reporting to the Operations Team Lead, this position is located in Shady Grove, Pennsylvania. If you’re up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you’ve helped build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of – a future filled with passion, pride, and satisfaction. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Continually evaluate and develop manufacturing methods to eliminate waste and thereby improve product quality, lead-time and cost in a safe and environmentally compliant manner.
- Research, benchmark, simulate and implement global best manufacturing methods, practices, and systems.
- Perform process simulation, define constraints, develop, recommend and implement solutions.
- Develop and maintain plant and facilities layouts to optimize workflow.
- Develop design for manufacturing and purchase standards and guidelines.
- Develop and maintain core-strength and process performance capability criteria.
- Lead research, simulation, justification, recommendation, implementation, and return analysis of capital investment projects.
- Perform product and process cost and value analysis.
- Facilitate internal continuous improvement processes.
- Provide support for the selection of qualified suppliers for the manufacture of components, for the review of part costs at outside suppliers, and to vendors selected to manufacture parts.
- Provide manufacturing technical support to the purchasing department.
- Develop, maintain, and document manufacturing processes and work instructions and assure conformance to ISO 9002 standards.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field is required. Will accept a High School diploma with eight (8) years of experience in an assembly manufacturing environment, preferably dealing with new product implementation.
- Extensive knowledge of computer programs related to Manufacturing Engineering functions, such as AutoCAD.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, 5S, and/or Six Sigmapreferred.
- This position is located in a manufacturing environment.
- Travel requirements are limited; up to 5% of the time or less, based on business conditions.