Based in Cedarburg, WI, the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for leading manufacturing readiness activities throughout the product development lifecycle and supporting production activities. The position will engage with engineering from product planning through mass production to ensure all processes are optimized for manufacturing cost, quality and schedule.
- Ensure manufacturing requirements are identified and incorporated throughout the product development cycle
- Create manufacturing documentation to support existing processes and equipment in accordance with ISO 9001 requirements
- Lead and coordinate manufacturing readiness activities at specified production locations
- Support the design and development of manufacturing test fixtures used for mass production
- Lead development team activities related to manufacturing readiness such as DFMEA, Design Reviews, BOM Costing, etc.
- Serve as the communication bridge between the development team and the manufacturing plant(s)
- Lead project planning with manufacturing plants to define production requirements including capacity, space, processes, and capital equipment
- Lead development of quality control plans to ensure adequate checks are established for testing phases and product launch
- Coordinate pre-production builds with manufacturing locations to verify production processes
- Assist Design Engineering with prototyping of new or modified products
- Support production and development of new products through independent review, root cause analysis, corrective action, discrepancy handling, and defect prevention
- Knowledge with quality systems and formal stage/gate product development processes
- Capability to read and interpret technical engineering drawings and BOMs
- Ability to work toward defined objectives with little direct supervision
- Demonstrated understanding of new product development processes and work flow
- Demonstrated experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams
- Strong project and task management skills including the ability to plan, prioritize, organize, develop schedules, document procedures and processes
Education & Experience Requested
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant NPD manufacturing experiencerequired
- Experience developing PFMEAs and control plans to identify, mitigate and manage production based risks
- Experience with manufacturing process development utilizing error proofing to mitigate process risk
- Experience analyzing process capability and developing and implementing product development plans and process improvement plans