TransTech engineers and manufactures systems that power moving machines. We have been providing power transfer solutions for over 55years and we are a leading manufacturer of moving electrification systems for transit and industrial markets. TransTech is a small, growing company located in the beautiful upstate of South Carolina. We strive for excellence with integrity, humility, and competence and we provide stability along with a fast, fun, and friendly working environment. Please visit our website at www.transtech.com for more information.
TransTech is a part of Wabtec, a global supplier of products, services and systems for the rail industry. Through its subsidiaries, the company manufactures a broad range of components for locomotives and freight cars, including state-of-the-art electronic train-control systems. Wabtec also builds new environmentally friendly locomotives and provides aftermarket services, such as locomotive overhaul and remanufacturing, and locomotive and freight car fleet maintenance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply, please complete the online application.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for planning and designing manufacturing processes in our production facility.
- Maximize efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization.
- Determine parts and tools needed to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification.
- Optimize the manufacturability of products.
- Design, develop, and validate manufacturing processes, tooling, and fixtures in order to meet daily production schedules while enhancing productivity and product quality.
- Improve housekeeping and safety by applying the 5S principles and participating in audit programs.
- Provide documentation support for new and changed products.
- Provide cost justification of equipment to improve productivity and process quality.
- Work with design engineering to drive the transfer of new products and capable processes to production.
- Identify and develop opportunities for improving processes with innovative technology solutions.
- Lead efforts to develop new processes for existing and future product lines.
- Provide technical leadership, training and mentorship to production personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors in Mechanical or IndustrialEngineering or related field with at least 5years of progressive manufacturing experience.
- Familiarity and experience with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures is essential. Experience in metal machining and fabrication preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts graphically and written.
- Proficient with CAD software and MS Office software.
- Experience with MRP/ERP system.
- Solid understanding of quality management systems including current ISO-9001 standard.
- Hands-on problem solver; familiar with statistical analysis methods; desire to mentor others.
- Ability to work effectively in or lead a cross functional team environment
- Strong analytical, time management and technical writing skills
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friend Share on your newsfeed All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Wabtec takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. VEVRAA Federal Contractor