Moreno Valley, CA
5 - 7 years
Posted 2 days ago
Reports to: Operations Manager
Provides Manufacturing Engineering support to Plant Operations and Corporate Engineering. Establishes, qualifies, and improves manufacturing processes for new and existing products by studying product and manufacturing methods.Assures processes produce product to specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Foster a safety culture and the implementation of safety policies and training in compliance with the company safety program and OSHA regulations to eliminate work related injuries.
· Provide inputs to Process Technology Development and DFx for New Process/Products Implementation and guarantee successful implementation
· Introduction and qualify Safe and Capable Production Processes and Equipment to Corporate Standards
· Implement Process Platforming and Operational Excellence change management projects
· Drive Lean Standard Work and sustainability with TPM execution and reporting
· Guarantee successful NPI with execution of facilities process readiness and validation (IQ,OQ,PQ)
· Contribute to and manage PFMEAs to eliminate launch risks by applying DFx
· Organize and drive NPI Product Launch plans conducting production pilots and readiness reviews to assure launch performance for QCD
· Manage local facilities' Budgets for technology investments (CapEx / ROI / Implementation / Reporting) and guarantee performance level / improvement
· Guarantee conversion cost performance vs standards and implement cost reduction projects
· Demonstrate results and align resources/priorities/actions to strategic and operational priorities
· Institute culture of Operational Excellence with Accountability, Continuous Improvement, Pride, Excitement and Ownership with a Competitive Winning attitude
· 5-10 years manufacturing/engineering
· B.S. Engineering
· Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (to become black belt certified in 2 years)
· Lean training (5S, Kaizen, VSM)
· Certified Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
· Quality Management Systems (ISO 9000, TS 16949, AS 9100) preferred
· Process Control (SPC, Error Proofing, Monitoring, Process Improvement)
· Problem Solving (A3, 8D, Apollo, Management by Facts)
· Organized and Logical/Process Thinking
· Business Acumen/Strategic Thinking
· Strong communicator (written, verbal, presentation)
· Results oriented/Sense of Urgency
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
An Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer * Drug-Free Working Environment.