Phillips-Medisize, a Molex Company, is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to develop creative and innovative approaches to assembly processes.
- Functions as a liaison with project engineering, manufacturing and the customer regarding the implementation of programs, both molding and/or secondary operations
· Provide technicalsupport/solutions to manufacturingprocesses, manage to establish yield and throughput, and drive
- Manage assembly equipment procurement to ensure equipment design concept challenges are successful and milestone dates are met.
- Provide FAT leadership at equipment vendor locations. Work directly with equipment vendor and Phillips-Medisize team to ensure equipment meets all specifications, documenting URS or performance gaps and managing vendor’s contingency plans, to resolve before acceptance of equipment.
- Manage equipment installation PMC facility including SAT, Process Development & IQ/OQ/PQ.
- Create documentation for production operators, maintenance technicians, and calibration departments to be able to operate and maintain equipment.
- Coordinate, direct and lead engineering efforts to ensure optimum engineering of projects/programs to meet customer and manufacturing requirements
- Interface with customers on a regular basis to resolve issues
- Travel to other facilities may be required to support business needs
- B.S. degree in engineering field with 6+ years of related work experience
- Industry experience in med device or drug-delivery systems highly preferred.
- Manufacturing assembly development experiencepreferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong and diverse technical injection molding tooling, materials, manufacturing, quality, and product design skills
- Ability to use CAD to determine if tooling, equipment and part designs meet requirements
- Ability to manage multiple large-scale projects
- Demonstrated superior communication, teamwork and organizational skills
- Ability to develop and meet project schedules, along with contingency plans