We are looking for Manufacturing Engineering ?for our client in Michigan City, IN
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineering
Job Location: Michigan City, IN
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Directly support Sullair’s Manufacturing under the supervision of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- Study and improve manufacturing processes and procedures aimed at lowering manufacturing costs.
- Support both the tactical and strategic goals and objectives through the implementation of lean principles of manufacturing, i.e., 6S, 5Why, Kaizan, VSM, etc.
- Creation of documentation and improvement of manufacturing methods, implementation of capital equipment and advancement of manufacturing technology throughout Operations.
- Tool selection and procurement.
- Process Plans, tool design, gage planning, and troubleshooting of processes.
- Cost estimates, time standards, technical support of shop floor.
- Specification, justification and implementation of capital equipment.
- Develop floor layouts for existing and future project/processes in AutoCAD.
- Develop designs for: returnable racks, fixtures, and tools.
- Participate and lead root cause analysis of quality and build issues for assigned manufacturing areas of responsibility.
- Participate in New Product launch by working hand in hand with NPD team for all new launches.
- Plan the sequence of operations and write/maintain Work Center Instructions for each area.
- Provide make versus buy analyses on products and processes.
- Perform capacity and factory layout analyses to meet business demand.
- Participate in and conduct Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) On the Fly as required to detect and correct potential safety issues on the shop floor.
- Audit and Approve ECOs for new product and for current product and process.
- Provide direction and mentoring to the ME and ME interns.
- Knowledge of Teamcenter/any PLM is desirable
Mandatory Technical / Soft Skills:
- Kaizan, VSM, lean principles, New Product launch/introduction
- AutoCAD, process plan, tool design
Desired Technical / Soft Skills:
- Make versus buy analyses
- Factory layout analyses