Manufacturing Engineer – Measurement of Power Generation Airfoils
Rural Hall, NC
The selected individual will lead dimensional inspection based R&D activities and operations, providing processes and programs for dimensional metrology of components and assemblies. These processes are used to validate dimensional conformance of power generation turbine components and as feedback into the manufacturing processes.
- The individual will be expected to develop Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) fixtures and programs to meet quality control standards and make suggestions with regard to procedures, standards and equipment to facilitate work and maintain product quality; lead corrective and preventative action activities; and apply broad and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in the preparation of complex engineering analyses.
- The selected candidate will also be expected to apply knowledge of 3-D design and modeling capabilities using Siemens NX and Teamcenter; identify system-integration activities within and across disciplines; lead projects and supervise the work of others; and identify and manage work process improvements to meet customer needs.
- The ideal candidate will effect changes in existing ways and approaches in an innovative manner to achieve higher business impact.
- The individual will be valued and recognized as a specialist within Siemens in the manufacturing dimensional measurement field and serve as an internally trusted advisor to management.
- The candidate will interface with quality, production, service and design engineering to address needs that arise from operating in a fast paced project driven manufacturing facility in a global company.
- The selected candidate is expected to share knowledge within a broad network to create new business options and to generate significant business impact.
- Expert knowledge and experience of CMM programming using PC DMIS and/or QUINDOS and operation for parts and assemblies with complex features and tight tolerances.
- Expert knowledge and experience with using scanning probes with PC DMIS and/or QUINDOS and operation for parts with complex features and tight tolerances.
- Strong knowledge of light based dimensional metrology equipment, application, and programming
- Demonstrated experience in designing, planning, and executing research and development projects
- Provides leadership in identifying, promoting, and developing new technical capabilities and leads decision making based on technical expertise and exhaustive use of know-how to solve highly complex problems.
- Analyzes product specifications, and clarifies product requirements and manufacturing aspects with accountable R&D, Engineering and/or Product Management
- Plans equipment layout, tools and IT programs needed, and designs or contributes to design the manufacturing workflow. Cooperates in these aspects with other respective Engineers.
- Conducts improvements projects on site or unit level, and liaises with other engineering functions, external vendors or service providers.
- Advanced knowledge of, and experience with, manufacturing inspection including blue print and drawing reading, surface plate inspection, and an automated inspection equipment.
- Link multiple key knowledge areas and demonstrate very high professional judgment competence.
- Advanced knowledge of, and experience with, geometric dimensioning and tolerances.
- Broad knowledge of industry standards.
- Demonstrated effective communications, both orally and in writing.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Advanced degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering from an ABET accredited institution and/or equivalent of 6+ years of relevant experience
- Combination of degree and/or experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge of power generation steam, gas turbine compressor, and gas turbine airfoil and manufacturing and repair.
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge of calibration, maintenance and repair of CMM equipment.
- Advanced level experience using PC DMIS and/or Quindos® CMM programming language.
- Experience in user calibration of CMMs to ISO standards.
- Experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Requisition Number: 221718