Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the Role
Provides support to the Manufacturing organization to facilitate efficient operations within the production area, to optimize existing processes, and to ensure that production goals are met. Monitors performance of equipment, machines and tools and corrects equipment problems or process parameters that produce non-conforming products, low yields or product quality issues. Interfaces with Research and Development organizations to integrate new products or processes into the existing manufacturing area.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Implements a staffing plan by identifying resource requirements, writing justifications for additional personnel, obtaining approval for changes, and coordinating the selection process with Human Resources.
- Develops direct reports by securing appropriate training, assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate and conducting formal written and verbal performance reviews.
- Monitors daily work operations and provides direction and guidance to lower-level supervisors, experienced exempt employees, or skilled nonexempt staff to achieve unit or project goals.
- Accomplishes results through lower level subordinate supervisors or through experienced professional employees who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Monitors progress toward departmental goals; monitors costs of projects and of human and material resources within a department or unit; monitors external environment in area of technical or professional responsibility.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals.
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Often heads a centralized functional activity.
- Works under minimal supervision. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Provides direction and guidance to lower level subordinate supervisors or through experienced professional employees.
- Acts as an adviser to subordinates and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
- Evaluates performance of and assists in career development planning for subordinates.
What We're Looking For In You:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required - mechanical, chemical, or biomedical preferred
- 4+ years’ manufacturing engineering experience
- 2+ years’ people management experience
- Experience with medical devices
- Master’s in management field (MBA) preferred
- Experience working with equipment controls preferred
- Previous supervision and/or project management experiencepreferred
- Demonstrated project management ability to lead technical problem solving as well as continuous improvement projects.
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross functional peers specifically design for manufacturability of new products and technologies.
- Previous Medical Device industry or other regulated device manufacturing experiencepreferred.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 428080